#1145 Ensadinado / Night Lady - Mr. Fats Sadi & His Vibes & His Friends
Recorded in 1966, Fats Sadi’s ‘Ensadinado’ was his second...
Recorded in 1966, Fats Sadi’s ‘Ensadinado’ was his second recording as leader, his first album had been an early Blue Note 10”. Essentially comprising the Clarke-Boland rhythm section, with Sadi on vibes, Francy Boland on piano, Jimmy Woode on bass and Kenny Clarke on drums, this 45 features the two standout tracks from this rare SABA LP, which remains unissued on vinyl since its release in 1966. ‘Ensadinado’ finds the quartet playing a latin oriented title penned by Jimmy Woode. Boland’s ‘Night Lady’, a standard for the band and the highlight from this collectable album, has a hard, swinging percussive groove driven by the irrepressible pulse of Kenny Clarke.
- First vinyl release since 1966 and never before released on 7” single
- AAA Transfers from analogue mastertapes
- Audiophile-grade vinyl – single one-off batch limited-edition pressing
- New artwork authentically recreated on heavyweight gloss sleeves
- Cut at Abbey Road Studios by Grammy award winning engineer, Sean Magee
- Manufactured at Pallas Group GmbH, Germany
- Metallic hype sticker