Another highly collectable Nathan Davis release on SABA, also recorded in 1965, ‘Happy Girl’ has remained unissued on vinyl since the 1960s. The date gathers together another top drawer line-up, with Woody Shaw on Trumpet and Larry Young, the Coltrane of the organ, uniquely found on piano for this session. Jimmy Woode again supports on bass, with a furious Billy Brooks on drums. ‘Theme From Zoltan’, a fierce modal original by Shaw, was recorded by Young the following year on his classic Blue Note album ‘Unity’. Side 2 maintains the unstoppable tempo with ‘Mister E’, penned by Davis, featuring blistering solos by Davis, Shaw and Young.
- First vinyl release since the 60s and never before released on 7” single
- AAA Transfers from analogue mastertapes
- Audiophile-grade vinyl – single one-off batch limited-edition pressing
- New artwork authentically recreated on heavyweight gloss sleeves
- Cut at Abbey Road Studios by Grammy award winning engineer, Sean Magee
- Manufactured at Pallas Group GmbH, Germany
- Metallic hype sticker