#1144 Carmell's Black Forest Waltz / B's Blues - Nathan Davis Quintet Featuring Carmell Jones
Nathan Davis recorded ‘The Hip Walk’ in 1965...
Nathan Davis recorded ‘The Hip Walk’ in 1965 alongside his school mate, trumpeter Carmell Jones (who a month later went on to record the Song for My Father album with Horace Silver). The quintet is backed by the tightest of rhythm sections: Francy Boland on piano, Jimmy Woode on bass and Kenny Clarke on drums. One of the most beautiful, swinging jazz pieces ever captured on tape, ‘Carmell’s Black Forest Waltz’ is presented in all-analogue richness on 45 single format for the first time. On side 2, ‘B’s Blues’ finds Davis on soprano trading fours with Jones, driven irresistibly by the Clarke-Boland rhythm section, a highlight of the Hip Walk date.
- First ever release on 7” 45 single
- AAA Transfers from analogue mastertapes
- Audiophile-grade vinyl – single one-off batch limited-edition pressing
- New artwork authentically recreated on heavyweight gloss sleeves
- Cut at Abbey Road Studios by Grammy award winning engineer, Sean Magee
- Manufactured at Pallas Group GmbH, Germany
- Metallic hype sticker