In 1971, following his tenure with Frank Zappa’s Mothers of Invention, George Duke took Joe Zawinul’s seat with the Cannonball Adderley Quintet. During this secondment, Duke was also commissioned by Hans Georg Brunner Schwer’s MPS to produce what would unfold as a landmark album, fusing electric experimentation with latin percussion and African instrumentation. This single draws two of the highlights from this date, with the jazz dance behemoth ‘My Soul’ on the A side, and the funky trip ‘Au Right’ on the flip.
- First ever release on 7” 45 single
- AAA Transfers from analogue mastertapes
- Audiophile-grade vinyl – single one-off batch limited-edition pressing
- New artwork authentically recreated on heavyweight gloss sleeves
- Cut at Abbey Road Studios by Grammy award winning engineer, Sean Magee
- Manufactured at Pallas Group GmbH, Germany
- Metallic hype sticker